IN JANUARY 2017 THE CONGRESS PASSED HR 593 (THE LEADERSHIP PAC. ) But tried to conceal it from the public.
Recently there has been a lot of national media reporting on the money received by our congress and senate from Political Action Committees. (PACs) Many believe that the money the politicians receive is at the root of the dysfunction in congress that we see today.
It has always been my belief that it’s illegal for these politicians to receive money directly from political contributors but what I didn’t know and what CBS has recently reported is that these mobsters in congress have passed a law with loopholes that allows them to put contributed money directly into their own pockets. This law has surfaced in the form of PACs called “Leadership Pacs”
If your interested in reading the actual Federal Election Rules on Leadership PACs, this is the link.
Basically according to Wikipedia the act says; Elected officials and political parties cannot give more than the federal limit directly to candidates. However, they can set up a Leadership PAC that makes independent expenditures. Provided the expenditure is not coordinated with the other candidate, this type of spending is not limited.
Under the FEC rules, leadership PACs are non-connected PACs, and can accept donations from individuals and other PACs. Since current officeholders have an easier time attracting contributions, Leadership PACs are a way dominant parties can capture seats from other parties. A leadership PAC sponsored by an elected official cannot use funds to support that official’s own campaign. However, it may fund travel, administrative expenses, consultants, polling, and other non-campaign expenditures.
Non campaign expenditures??
Remember that virtually all of our senate and congress are taking advantage of this law. A law that was passed by them. If you watch the television interviews of politicians who were questioned about receiving money from their “Leadership PACs” the response has generally been one of absolution from any wrongdoing. It should be pointed out that these “Leadership PACs” are the property of each individual politician and as you will see, the only person that receives funds from the Leadership PAC is the politician that formed the PAC.
Recent research has revealed that the amount of money going directly into the pockets of congress is in the millions. Its no wonder the interests of the American People are not important to these mobsters. And that’s what they are. Mobsters.
The CBS report on Leadership PACs was revealing but was not in depth. There were few names mentioned and the actual dollars involved was not revealed. That is the purpose of this blog.
All the information that is given below is from the site ‘OpenSecrets.org’
For now we will be exposing the top 11 “Leadership PACs” However the link with a list of all of the Leadership PACs is included. You can see for yourself that our democracy has been replaced with the Leadership Pac. Its plain and simple. We can thank our Congress, the Senate and the US Supreme Court the Leadership PAC. Note the names they have given their “Leadership PAC’s” is representative of their audacity.
Name of Pac. Founder and Recipient of Funds
- Evert Republican is Crucial Eric Cantor R-Va $875,000.00
- Ameripad the Fund for a Steny H Hoyer D-Md $388,500.00
- obs Economy and Budget Jeb Hensarling R-Tx $263,000.00
- Freedom Project John Boehner R-Ohio $205,000.00
- Majority CMTE PAC Kevin McCarthy R-Ca $157,500.00
- Pac to the Future Nancy Pelosi D-Ca $140,000.00
- Bridge PAC James E Clyburn D-SC $125,000.00
- Bluegrass CMTE Mitch McConnell R-Ky $125,000.00
- Prosperity PAC Paul Ryan R-Wis $122,000.00
- Defend America PAC Richard Shelby R-Ala $120,000.00
- Continuing a Majority Party David Camp R-Mich $106,000.00
- Senate Conservative Fund James DeMint $2,113,229.00
- Every Republican is Eric Cantor $2,113,229.00
- Freedom Project John Boehner $1,726,000.00
- AmeriPAC The Fund Steny Hoyer $1,448,000.00
- Majority CMTE PAC Kevin McCarthy $1,206,921.00
- Bridge PAC James Clyburn $967.000.00
- Prosperity PAC Paul Ryan $867,529.00
- Continuing A Majority Dave Camp $814,718.00
- PAC to the Future Nancy Pelosi $814,500.00
- Jobs Economy & Budg Jeb Hensarling $851,719.00
- Jobs Opportunities & Edu Joseph Crowley $527,500.00